Friday, August 6, 2010

Verraad – Karin Alvtegen



Hiiiii

I just finished up reading this book called Verraad (English: Betrayal). It´s a psycho thriller translated from Swedish to Dutch. I found it at the library at the ´Most Popular ´section so I decided to take it with me. Honestly, I´m not a book reader. Whenever I pick up a book, I sighed at the number of pages. Whatever the subject, I can´t be dragged into it. So when I get bored I just stop reading for days or just hand it back to the library without finishing it. But since I have so much time left over during this vacation, I decided to get myself to read it, if I´d like to or not. This book has 254 pages, so it´s reasonable. The cover looks like a picture from World War II and I personally don´t think this cover belongs to the story.

Anyway, the story is about a woman named Eva, who is about to divorce her husband when she finds out about his affair with the after-school care lady where their son goes to. One night she goes to a café and runs into Jonas. They have a great night together (ahem, ahem) but what he doesn´t tell her is that his girlfriend, Anna, is at the hospital in a coma and has been like this for about 2 years. Jonas thinks Eva is his new Anna and that thought is going to change Eva´s life forever…

The story ends in a way I would have never thought it would end, but that is, I guess, what a psycho thriller wants you to think. This book is written for adults but if you´re around 14 years or older, you would be able to know what you´re reading ;)

I´m not sure if this book is available in the US though…

Cover:

Story line:

Story in general:

Letter size:

Letter type:

Story plot:

Not a real eye-catcher but it relates to the story.

It gets confusing when three characters have their own chapters, written from their point of view. It´s up to you to find out who is talking, because the write doesn´t mention the character speaking anywhere.

Really psychological but very good. The story ends in a way I didn´t expect it to.

Just right. I think it´s font 12.

Times New Roman – a letter type I personally don´t enjoy.

easy to follow and understand.

Enjoy reading!

° Rachelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment