Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Thermae2000


Hello you,

So we're on spring break here. Two weeks ago and I believe last week also, the weather was amazing. Almost like summer... I was hoping for a sunny spring break but unfortunately Mother Nature is being a --- . The lines define the word nice lady.

I was in Limburg, the most southern province of Holland, on Monday and Tuesday. The weather down there was better than my town, even though it was windy. The drive was very long and we got to Maastricht at like 2 pm. We had lunch and then shopped for a little while. The day after that I shopped again... (confession of a shopaholic... I admit to spending too much!) But hey, it's not like I shop on a daily base... AND I stopped myself from buying a bikini. Twice. Oh oh.

So anyway, after all the shopping, we got on our way to Thermae2000. Does it sound like a rocket or a vacuum cleaner you buy on the TellSell channel - yes. But what is it? It's a spa with natural water sources. They've got indoor and outdoor baths, whirlpools, a solarium, relax cinema, bars, restaurants, a hotel, massage chairs, sauna's, and more! It's the perfect place to relax and feel no stress.

The only thing that I would definitely would not recommend is to come on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month... It all comes down to this; everybody is naked. Enjoy.
We didn't know about this but luckily we came on the first Tuesday of the month, which means you've got to wear swim wear in all places of the building. I wouldn't have been comfortable if I'd have to go naked... I actually wouldn't have gone at all. I think that's pretty disgusting and not only that. I think and know a lot of (old) men would look at you. Ewwwwww. I'd feel so creeped out!

So, the pools are very warm and nice. There are tons of sauna's. I loved the Roman and the Turkish ones. They both weren't too hot and smelled like mint. There were showers everywhere, provided with shampoo, soap and scrub. Okay I could go on about Thermae2000 but doesn't it sound like the perfect place to be?

Entrance costs about 30 euros (45 dollars), it's far from my house, but it's soooo chill.

Love,Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment