Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wintery thoughts ( 1 of 2 )


Hola todos,

Oh I'm so excited! I just found out that Blogger is able to track how many times I've been viewed today/last week/last month/this year/ever, but also where my readers come from, which internet system they use, and which of my many links they clicked on. Oh so so cool! Now I'm constantly checking to see if I've had any more views. hehe! :) (please don't forget to click on the Follow button on the right side of this page!)

Winter officially started yesterday so I think it's time to expand on this season, right?
At this time of year I mostly complain about how cold it is, how I don't wanna go outside, that I wanna stay in bed, but not this year. Yes, it is snowy and cold out but I feel like I'm getting over my yearly complaining-period. It's a matter of drinking a lot of hot stuff (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, soup), putting on the right clothing (extra shirts, extra pairs of socks, leggings underneath jeans), putting a thick layer of lotion on your face to protect against the cold and keeping your head held high waiting for spring!

Listening to music like 'Driving home for Christmas' makes me feel so wintery haha.

Most Dutch people don't even celebrate Christmas with presents. They just get together with family and friends and have a good dinner. I guess this is because we had another celebration called Sinterklaas on the 5th of December. This is when they give and get tons of presents. We even have a SECOND Christmas day in Holland! Bizarre right?!

I guess our family is odd. We didn't celebrate Sinterklaas and I don't think we get presents with Christmas. We did, however, get an amount to spend when we go shopping during our break :)

So this is Christmas, and what have you done, another year over, and a new one just begun.

Love, Rachelle

2 comments: