Thursday, May 5, 2011

So called friends


Dear all,

How many friends have you got on Facebook or any other alike social media page? Most people have hundreds, only a few have got a handful. Studies show that you can only have about 200 real friends. The rest are just very vague acquaintances or family members you never even talk to. Why do we want to befriend so many people online? What's our goal?

If you take a look at your friends list you would find that only 150 to 200 people are actual friends. I guess you're just quick in adding because you've met him or her before, said hi to him/her in the hallway, or it's your best friend's sister. Why would you want to follow all updates of people you barely know?

One reason could be boredom, just checking people's statuses for fun. Minding other people's business just because you can.

Another reason for having so many social media friends is promoting your pictures, website or band. Telling the world about your product - it doesn't matter who looks.

I can say from experience that I get annoyed with people, who I might know pretty well, that keep putting lyrics in their status or update their whereabout every 10 minutes. I mean, I really don't wanna know that your sister threw you off the coach, you ate potatoes for breakfast or crave a bag Jolly Ranchers. Yep I bet you're gonna check my page now to see if I wrote one of these things in my statuses, but I'll save you the trouble - trust me, I didn't. :-)

I just had to write this blog because today I've been getting so many annoying updates. Honey, if you're heartbroken find a friend, don't spill your life on the web. And to you, keep the amounts of food you eat to yourself. I don't want to count your calories for you. And to you, who keeps spamming my page with 'fun day with ---' without telling me who and what you did. Be more specific or leave it!

Okay. I'm done. * Sigh *


Love,
Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment