Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sonja Sandwich


Heyyyy there people!
I'm so sorry I haven't posted anything in like...weeks?!
So, first of all I needed to apologize for that.
Now, me and my friend Sharona made some really good sandwiches for dinner last night. So I thought, why not share it with you guys. The recipe doesn't really have a name, as far as weknow, so I'm just gonna call it the Sonja Sandwich. Sonja Bakker is a Dutch nutritionist who created her own diet called the Sonja Bakker diet. She wrote books and has/had(I thought they stopped publishing it...) her own magazine. My friend got this recipe from Sonja's magazine, nameless. haha.

Honestly, I never cook so I was scared I would burn everything and set the kitchen on fire, but luckily that didn't happen. So, for all you beginners out there - this is like sooooo easy.

The Sonja Sandwich ( 4 persons)
4 slices of bread
8 thin pieces of raw ham
2 mozzarella's
3 peppers (red, yellow and green)
a handful of cherry tomatoes
100 gram of arugula
1 clove of garlic
2 spoons of olive oil
1 spoon of balsamic vinegar
fresh grounded pepper and salt

wash and slice the peppers. Don't forget to remove the seeds. It doesn't really matter how big your pieces are, but I would slice them in fourths. Grill the peppers for about ten minutes (you could also use your oven or your bread toaster if you're as daring as me haha) Slice the tomatoes in halves and slice the mozzarella's in big pieces. Cut up the garlic as fine as possible. Mix the garlic with the olive oil. Toast the slices of bread first or put them in the oven with the garlic+olive oil right away for a couple of minutes (just stay in the kitchen...!) Take the slices of bread out of the oven/toaster and put them on a plate. You can now grill the ham with your bread toaster or put them on your sandwich. Take a handful of arugula for each piece of bread, and put the peppers, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella on too. And to finish it off, sprinkle some pepper and salt on top of your sandwich.

=] , I hope you like it, I know I did!
It looks really inviting, so colorful too - great for a dinner party!

Love,
Rachelle


No comments:

Post a Comment